LA is already beginning to melt into spring, and we have all green everything on our minds! From fresh cut flowers to succulents to tropical trees, we're loving everything green for spring - even when it comes to breakfast. Don't get us wrong, we're still reaching for our morning coffee when we wake up, but this "Default Smoothie" from the beautiful Seven Spoons cookbook has us craving something a little fresher to wake us up!
We highly recommend grabbing this gorgeous book at our LA location, because it is full of recipes perfect for any day! Otherwise, you can check out more of Tara's recipes here and check out the full recipe for her bright Default Smoothie below!
- 1 smallish navel orange or a fattish clementine, peeled and split into segments
- 1 crisp apple (such as Honeycrisp, Gala, Granny Smith), stemmed and cut into chunks (the core and seeds are fine)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 cups (135g) stemmed, torn kale, packed (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 heaping tablespoon nut butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) filtered apple juice or plain nut milk, plus more as needed
Combine all ingredients in an upright blender and process until liquefied. If the smoothie is too tick, carefully incorporate more liquid as needed, slowly through the feed hole on the lid with the motor running. Pour into glasses and drink right away. Serves 2.